For further guidance at a local level, consider the SOS Train-the-Trainer for your key staff.
While SOS Signs of Suicide videos, lesson plans, and screening tools are completely turnkey, the SOS team offers consultation and training to ensure all schools feel supported. Contact us to plan for SOS in your classrooms, discuss training options for faculty and staff, and strategize to engage parents in suicide prevention.
These half-day workshops prepare participants to train students, faculty/staff, and parents in youth suicide prevention. This interactive training encourages participants to practice key competencies, discuss common barriers, and brainstorm strategies for successful delivery of evidence-based suicide prevention in the classroom and to the larger school community. A thorough review of SOS materials and planning processes ensures key school staff are ready to deliver suicide prevention education to all audiences.
- Facilitating a classroom discussion about depression and suicide with 6th-12th graders
- Administering universal depression screening and following up with identified students
- Providing youth suicide prevention training for teachers and school staff
- Coordinating with school administration and community partners for support
- Reaching out to parents as partners in prevention
Participants commonly include:
- Counselors, school psychologists, social workers, health teachers, and other school staff who will deliver suicide prevention education to students
- Community behavioral health staff and youth-serving organizations offering SOS directly to students through school partnerships
Bring SOS Train-the-Trainer to your district. On-site half-day workshop (20-75 participants): $4,100*
* Training price does not include SOS licenses for schools. Each school needs an annual SOS license to provide suicide prevention training to students, teachers, and parents.