Register for our upcoming Train-the-Trainer virtual workshop! Please enter registrants' names in the fields above.
The training will be held virtually 1-4 EDT on August 18th, 2020.
More about the training:
While SOS Signs of Suicide videos, lesson plans, and screening tools are completely turnkey, the SOS team offers virtual workshops that help prepare participants to train students, faculty/staff, and parents in youth suicide prevention. This interactive training encourages participants to practice key competencies, discuss common barriers, and brainstorm strategies for successful delivery of evidence-based suicide prevention in the classroom and to the larger school community. A thorough review of SOS materials and planning processes ensures key school staff are ready to deliver suicide prevention education to all audiences.
- Facilitating a classroom discussion about depression and suicide with 6th-12th graders
- Administering universal depression screening and following up with identified students
- Providing youth suicide prevention training for teachers and school staff
- Coordinating with school administration and community partners for support
- Reaching out to parents as partners in prevention
Participants commonly include:
- Counselors, school psychologists, social workers, health teachers, and other school staff who will deliver suicide prevention education to students
- Community behavioral health staff and youth-serving organizations offering SOS directly to students through school partnerships