This training provides participants with the tools to sustain themselves in their work with trauma by understanding, acknowledging, and responding to the ways they are impacted by the experiences of those with whom they work.
- Explore the toll that working with people who have been through trauma has on human service professionals through vicarious and direct exposures.
- Review advances in the concepts of trauma stewardship and secondary traumatic stress
- Introduce the framework of the 3Rs of Self-Care: Reflection, Regulation, and Relaxation, and provide examples of safe and healthy coping strategies in each of these domains
- Create sustainable self-care plans by reflecting together on our understanding and strategies for coping, and consider ways to address the barriers to engaging in self-care on personal, systemic, and societal levels, so that they may remain able to provide optimum levels of intervention
Request More Information
- Audience: Schools, Human Service Professionals, Care Center
- Length: 2 hours
- CEs: Not Available