SOS for School Staff
We want all K-12 teachers and staff to feel confident in what to do if they have concerns about a student.
Developed by the creators of SOS Signs of Suicide, a trusted evidence-based prevention program for students, SOS for School Staff uses video and interactive tools to teach adults how to:
- recognize warning signs and risk factors for suicide
- engage in appropriate, caring conversations
- keep a student safe, while connecting them to qualified school staff
Available Learning Paths
One-Hour, Self-Guided Online Course: $500 per School
More states are mandating school suicide prevention training because staff are often the most trusted adults for a child at-risk. And because we know schools already have a long list of professional development requirements and only so much bandwidth, our asynchronous, online suicide prevention course is designed to easily fit into your staffs’ schedules.
Two-Hour, Live Gatekeeper Training
This highly interactive suicide prevention training teaches everyone in your school to recognize when a student may be at risk for suicide and how to ACT (Acknowledge, Care, Tell).
"93% of K-12 staff feel more prepared to recognize signs of suicide in a student after completing the self-guided, online version of SOS for School Staff.
95% also report knowing how to connect a student to resources."Meghan Diamon, LCSW MindWise Program Director, Suicide Education
Key Program Benefits
- $500 per school (annual license)
- Appropriate for elementary, middle, and high school staff
- Asynchronous format easily accommodates professional development
- Administrators receive weekly completion reports; staff receive certificates of completion
- Satisfies many state requirements for suicide prevention training programs