When a community member is struggling with a behavioral health illness, they might suffer alone or touch the lives of many others. Those struggling are at an increased risk for school dropout, chronic health conditions, involvement in criminal activity, and homelessness. Community organizations can model leadership in raising mental health and substance use awareness by providing behavioral health screenings to their members.
Because MindWise Screenings can be accessed on laptops, smartphones, and tablets, the screenings can reach both urban and rural populations. Anonymous screening promotes candid responses which can lead to early identification of mental health and substance use challenges, timely treatment, and improved health outcomes.
Contact the MindWise Screening Team at Screening@MindWise.org or 781-329-0071 to purchase the program.
Our anonymous screening program is unique in that it enables users to take a quick questionnaire to assess if they have symptoms of a range of behavioral health disorders and connect them with help. Your organization can then collect aggregate data that provides insight into the behavioral health trends in your community. Specific benefits include:
Promotes Early Detection: Many people don’t realize they have an issue, are unsure if their symptoms are consistent with a mental health or substance use issue, or want to validate their concerns about their behavioral health. MindWise Screenings provide the user with education about symptoms and treatment. Each screening ends with the question “Will you seek help?” which encourages the user to take action before it becomes a crisis. Screenings connect your community to helpful local resources as identified by your organization.
Large Reach: Our screenings are accessible to everyone, so community members can take a MindWise Screening in the privacy of their own home, dorm room, or anywhere with internet access. They can reach both urban and rural populations. And, because they are truly anonymous, the screenings promote candid responses.
Informative Reporting: The administrative portal allows access to customized, aggregate reports that reflect community screening utilization. The report findings can guide an organization’s wellness and behavioral health offerings and inform related decisions. Administrators can customize the demographic questions to collect useful data.
193 BBehavioral health issues costs Americans $193 billion in lost earnings every year
18veterans die by suicide every day
50 %of children age 8-15 struggling with their behavioral health did not receive services in the previous year
How It Works
- Setup: A one-year subscription to the MindWise Screening program includes a customizable, mobile-friendly, online screening URL for your organization. We will work with you to set it up with your logo, colors, and welcome message, and we will also help you tailor the resources section – for example, phone numbers to a counseling center, town health office, or local hospital. Additionally, administrators have access to the MindWise Toolkit, which includes helpful onboarding materials and how-to guides.
- Implementation: Every MindWise subscription comes with promotional support. We offer social media posts, flyers, blog posts, posters, press releases, and more so that you can get the word out about your screening. We also provide materials to promote our flagship awareness events (National Depression Screening Day, National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, and National Alcohol Screening Day). In-person awareness events can be held on these days, or campaigns can be structured around them.
- Analysis: As an administrator, you will have access to comprehensive utilization reports that reflect screening data and demographic information, and you will have the ability to analyze data by demographic. This will allow you to keep your finger on the pulse of trends in your community and plan future mental health and substance use awareness campaigns and initiatives appropriately.
- Ongoing Support: We understand that starting a new program can be daunting. Our knowledgeable and experienced team offers concierge-level customer support. Help is just a click or phone call away!
Accessible & Informative Reporting
Our reporting provides the administrator with information about how the screening URL is being used, site traffic, device used, and patterns or trends. This information will help you keep on top of the behavioral health trends in your community.
While the screenings are anonymous, questions capture valuable information that allows you to analyze your screening data to identify:
- Behavioral health disorders of greatest concern: easily identify the total number of screens taken for all mental health and substance use disorders during any time frame, whether month-to-month or year-to-year
- Demographic trends: study the age, gender, partnership status, or racial/ethnic identity screening trends of your community
- How people are finding your screenings: learn whether community members find your screen on desktop, tablet, or phone devices so that you can connect with them where they are
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should we provide online screenings?
Many studies have shown that early intervention, especially in the form of screenings, can help reduce the long-term impact of mental illness and substance use. Providing screenings through an anonymous online platform encourages community members to take control of their behavioral health. Organizations that make screenings publicly available can play a role in reducing the stigma associated with seeking help while encouraging help-seeking behavior.
Are the screenings confidential?
Yes, our screenings are 100% confidential and anonymous and no personal information is requested or stored. As users navigate within the site, no employer, healthcare company, or sponsoring organization can identify any individual who has taken a screening. The only information that can be collected and reported is aggregate in nature and pertains to general information regarding the number of screenings that take place, the results of the screenings, and general demographic information.
Can MindWise Screenings be accessed on mobile devices?
Yes, the online screening program is optimized for use with mobile phones and tablets.
How can I gather screening usage data?
Administrators have 24/7 access to customizable utilization data via our Administrator Portal.
How long does it take to complete a screening?
The average completion time for each screening is under two minutes.
Can users complete more than one screen?
There is no limit to the number of times that someone can take a screen.
Is it possible to limit access to the MindWise Screening program?
It is possible to limit access by posting your customizable URL to a secure portal that requires users to log-in.
Is the MindWise Screening program ADA compliant?
We are currently not fully ADA compliant; however, we are continuously looking into different ways to update our program so that it can be more inclusive.
Are the screens validated?
All of our screenings are adapted versions of validated and reliable screening tools.
What kinds of resources can be provided on the screening site?
We encourage customers to assess the available resources in their community and to include those on their customizable resources page.
What happens after someone completes the screen?
If they score in the significant range for a behavioral health condition, they will see a list of customized help and resources on your screening page.
What technology is required?
MindWise Screenings can be taken on a phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet. For maximum performance we recommend the following browser options: IE9+, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Are the MindWise Screenings available in other languages?
The screenings are also available in Spanish.